Haseeb Istiaqur Rahman
- Haseeb Istiaqur Rahman
- Professionals’ Systems
My key areas of expertise are in designing networks, analyzing and developing systems, managing information and communication technology, and providing hardware and network support to the various clientele groups, particularly in education, language and cultural sectors. I have sound technical background in ICT to provide conceptual support in digitalization of the registration and administration of museum objects and artifacts. I have also experience in developing style guide and glossary of technical terms and terminologies in Bangla for Windows 8. I have sound skills in training and facilitation in the arena of ICT.
- Working as an IT Consultant at Bangladesh Army since April 2012
- Working as a Technical Advisor for providing ICT support to S&S Overseas, Ukraine since February 2011.
- Currently working as a Technical Consultant to Bangla Academy for digitalizing all systems and procedures of the Academy since February 2011.
- Working as Head of Station, Radio City since January 2010.
- Worked as Language Technology Expert to Lion Bridge Technology Limited, Mumbi, India appointed by the Bangla Academy for providing language - support in developing style guide and glossary of technical terms and terminologies in Bangla for localizing Windows 8 (2012).
- Worked as a regular presenter on Radio Metrowave Dhaka an FM radio for one year(2000).
- Worked as ICT Conceptualizer for supporting in digitalization of the registration and administration of museum objects and artifacts (2011).
- Conducted a study on the OSI Reference Model as partial fulfillment of my B.Sc Engineering degree in 2005.
- Contributed in the Monthly Computer Times (12 Issues) as its associate editor.
- Regularly contributing at the daily newspapers. Prothom Alo and Bhorer Kagaj in the areas of Computer and ICT.
- One of the contributors of Shikkhakosh, a Compendium of Education published in September 2003.
- Cultural Diversity in Asia-Pacific Region by Bangla Academy [as an editorial associate]
- Life Member, Bangla Academy since 2012.
- Member, Bangladesh ICT Journalist Forum (BIJF) since 2007.
- Executive Member, North Alpine Club since 2010
- Director, Everest Foundation
- Director, Best Corporation and Training Institute
- Cisco Certified Network Associate.
- Member of Bangladesh Red Crescent Society.
- Member, Amnesty International
- Worked for Bangla Bhasar Bibirtonmulok Obhidhan. By Bangla Academy.
- It was a 3 years long national project of Bangla Academy.That project was the first work of Bangla Academy which was fully based on ICT. I was the chief IT Consultant of that project. That project was mainly run by Dr Ghulam Murshid. Dr. Shwarochis Sarkar.
- Worked for Microsoft Windows 8
- Worked for Microsoft Windows 8 as a Language and technology consultant with Mr Jamil Chowdhury for Bangla (India & Bangladesh)
- Worked for Operation Uttaran of Bangladesh Army
- It was a complete ICT Based Inelegance work of Bangladesh Army. That project was run by 203 Brigade of Bangladesh Army.
- Worked for Cyber fair2006
- It was a 6 day long national ICT fair. The fair was organized at Vashani Novo Theater which was formally opened by honorable president of Bangladesh. I worked there as a Leading member of fair organizing committee. There my role was organize all ICT companies in Bangladesh, communicate with all news papers, fixing meeting with honorable president and all Notational security agencies of Bangladesh Government & cooperate with them. Taking all activities to make the fair fruitful.
- Professionals’ Systems
Motivation for nomination
I think, I can work more for the less developed countries.